Trainee Project Assistant job opportunity
RADDAG, a disabled people’s organisation based in Rochdale has an
opportunity for a Project Assistant trainee to join us on a 12 month fixed term
contract. This is a great opportunity to develop your skills, access training
linked to the role and to gain experience of working within an established
voluntary sector organisation.
How many hours will I work? 21 hours per week - working days and times can
be flexible within the needs of the organisation
How much will I get paid? – £9,729 (£17,142 fte)
How long is the job for? 12 months fixed term contract
Where will I be working? Remote working and attendance at external
meetings as required – mostly within the Rochdale Borough
The main things you will be asked to do are:-
- Support and contribute to newsletters and information sharing bulletins.
- Assist with the ongoing development of peer support groups for local disabled people.
- Assist with ensuring information is accessible to as wide an audience as possible.
- Assist with scheduling meetings and preparing meeting agendas.
- Assist with providing administrative support within the organisation to include scheduling meetings, preparing meeting agendas and taking notes/minutes at meetings capturing relevant actions.
- Assist in actively promoting the value of disabled people’s lived experience to shape barrier free policies and services.
- Support engagement activity and assist in raising awareness of the organisation.
- Undertake such other duties that may from time to time be required for the smooth running of the organisation.
The ideal person for the job will have:-
- Good communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office – word, excel, powerpoint etc.
- Understanding and lived experience of disabling barriers.
- A strong personal commitment to equality, social justice and inclusion.
- An understanding of the Social Model of Disability.
- An interest in reducing health inequalities.
- The ability to work well in a team or independently.
- Willingness to learn new skills and attend training relevant to the role.
What we will offer you:-
- The opportunity to gain paid experience of working within an established voluntary sector organisation.
- The opportunity to develop your skills and knowledge.
- The opportunity to attend training and development sessions relevant to the role.
- A supportive and enjoyable work environment.
- Flexible working days and times, within the needs of the organisation.
- Help and support with progression opportunities on completion of the placement.
Application deadline –Thursday 4 th November 2021 at 5pm, applications received after this time will not be considered.
Interviews – Wednesday 10th November 2021
For an application form please email [email protected]
Let us know if there is anything we can do to adjust our recruitment process in order that you can apply.